With 80 per cent of its last class having been referred by past International Tour Management Institute (ITMI) graduates, one could conclude there¡¯s a lot of love for ITMI. The fact that two of its graduates serenaded the group at its 25th Anniversary Symposium and Reunion probably sealed the deal.
At ITMI¡¯s welcome reception in the Grand Ballroom of the Doubletree by Hilton Sacramento, ITMI president Ted Bravos swayed with ITMI staff and graduates as You raise me up and Wind beneath my wings was sung by two talented and obliging tour directors.
While others didn¡¯t literally sing the praises of ITMI, both tour directors and tour operators commended the Symposium¡¯s program, particularly the highly anticipated ¡®Marketplace¡¯ which allowed tour operators to interview ITMI certified tour directors.
¡°Here, I can actually interview with more than one tour operator. That¡¯s worth every dollar I spent to get here,¡± tour director John Martin told e-Travel Blackboard.
In a lunchtime introduction to the attending tour operators, one tour operator congratulated the vision of Mr Bravos and the ITMI staff, saying: ¡°Imagine what it would be like trying to staff tours without an organization like ITMI!¡±
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Tour directors to ITMI: You raise me up
Source = e-Travel Blackboard: G.A
More Top Stories
- Chinese guides train for influx of visitors
- Amara¡¯s productivity drive and initiative in tackling labor shortage with A¡¯MOST programme
- Republic Polytechnic Partners Pratt & Whitney to bolster Singapore¡¯s Aviation Industry
- What journalists want in Singapore and Hong Kong
- TMS ¨C hand-on experience a hands-down winner over education?