Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort is pleased to announce the feature of a unique photo exhibition during the Mekong Tourism Forum 2012, tying the destination as the true Gateway to the Mekong with its values to represent a cultured discovery.
Steeped rich in history, the Greater Mekong Sub-region (GMS) that includes Yunnan, China, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia and Vietnam, is a very diverse region inhabited by more than 200 ethnic minority groups.? Each of the groups has their own lifestyle and culture that are distinctively different from other and mainstream populations. Their traditional tribal lifestyles, cultures and beliefs are the constant subject of interest for many visiting the region today.
Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort will showcase the photography of 2 inspiring photographers, Kees Sprengers from The Netherlands and Blue Johnson from the USA. The photo exhibition will be on display from 12 June ¨C 31 July 2012. Kees and Blue have both developed a special interest in the subject and have spent many years photographing people in Northern Laos and Northern Thailand. The body of work covers many of the major ethnic groups such as Lanten, Khmu, Akha, Karen, Lisu, Muser, Hmong, Yao etc.
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Peoples Of The Mekong Photo Exhibition
Source = Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort
More Top Stories
More What is On
- The Biggest and Brightest Converge at Resorts World Manila¡¯s Musikat Jam
- Sheraton¡¯s 24-Hour Toast Around The World
- Sofitel So Bangkok Unveils Inaugural Mayan-Themed Hi-So Full Moon Party
- Genting Hong Kong proudly presents ¡°Our Favourite Melodies with Eric Moo¡± concerts
- 2013 VIDEOCON DDB iifa Weekend To Be Held At The Venetian Macao-Resort-Hotel